Bicycle repair is a craft, an art, and an ethos. Totem Cyclery is a professional bicycle mechanic devoted to making your bike feel and perform to its highest functional level. We pay attention to detail and treat every bike as if it were our own. Vintage restorations, modern MTB/Road overhauls, suspension service and wheel repair are just a few of the things we specialize in. Personalized service to fit your needs.
Same-day service on most minor repairs and adjustments!!!* Enjoy a stroll and sample the area’s characteristic stores, restaurants and coffee shops while you wait for your bike.
*Totem is a one-man shop; as such repairs are turned out as quickly as possible, but during busy times things can get backed up. If you’re on a tight schedule and need something done same-day please call ahead to check availability. Maintenance involves more in-depth work, such as a full tuneup, and is typically scheduled with a 2-5 day turnaround (sometimes longer) during peak season. Ask about appointments if you can’t leave your bike with us for more than a couple days.
Here are the base level tune packages we offer. Please keep in mind that additional parts/costs may be needed in some circumstances.
- Shifting adjusted
- Brakes adjusted
- ‘Spot true’ wheels
- Clean & lube chain
- Safety check – all bolts tightened to proper torque and wear parts inspected
- Pro-level wheel true/tension
- Hub adjustment
- Headset adjustment
- Bottom bracket adjustment
- Lube cables
- Wipe down frame
- Bottom bracket removal/clean, regreased and bearings replaced
- Hub disassembly, cleaning, regrease and replace bearings
- Full drivetrain clean – derailleur pulleys, cassette and chainrings
- Cable and housing replacement (additional charge for internal routing)
This is not a complete list of everything offered, but here are some of the more common repairs. Please contact us if you are interested in something you don’t see here.
- Tube/tire replacement $10 (additional charge for coaster brake or internally geared wheel)
- Add tube sealant $5
- Tubeless tire setup (includes rim tape & sealant) $20 per tire
- Brake adjustment $10
- Hydraulic brake bleed $30 per lever
- Derailleur adjustment $10
- Chain replacement $15
- Brake cable or shift cable replacement (includes adjustment) $15
- Wrap bar tape $15
- Wheel true $10 – 25
- Wheel complete retension $35
- Wheel build $60 (please see our Custom Wheels page)
- Suspension fork service $70+
- Suspension rear shock service $40 – 50
- ???MYSTERY UPGRADE??? $10/25/50 – pick a dollar amount and we will install an upgrade of our choice on your bike… it may be functional or it may be aesthetic, but it will always be useful.
*prices reflect labor only; cost of parts not included unless otherwise noted