Bicycle repair is a craft, an art, and an ethos. Totem reflects this approach with great service at a fair price, and honest advice. We pay attention to detail and treat every bike as if it were our own. Vintage restorations, commuter tuning, modern MTB/Road maintenance, suspension service and wheel repair are just a few of the things we specialize in. Personalized service to fit your needs.
Same-day service on most minor repairs and adjustments.* Enjoy a stroll and sample the area’s characteristic stores, restaurants and coffee shops while you wait for your bike.
*Totem is a one-man shop; as such repairs are turned out as quickly as possible, but during busy times things can get backed up. If you’re on a tight schedule and need something done same-day please call ahead to check availability. Maintenance requires dropping the bike off for more in-depth work, such as overhauls or full tunes, and is typically scheduled with a 1++ day turnaround. Ask about appointments if you can’t leave your bike with us for more than a couple days.
Here are the base level tune packages we offer. Please keep in mind that additional parts/costs may be needed in some circumstances.
- Shifting adjusted
- Brakes adjusted
- ‘Spot true’ wheels
- Clean & lube chain
- Tire pressure check
- Safety check – all bolts tightened to proper torque and wear parts inspected
- Pro-level wheel true/tension
- Hub adjustments
- Headset adjustment
- Bottom bracket adjustment
- Brake pads resurfaced
- Lube cables
- Wipe down frame
- Bottom bracket, hub and headset bearings dissassembled/cleaned and serviced as needed
- Full drivetrain clean
- Cable and housing replacement (additional charge for internal routing)
This is not a complete list of everything offered, but here are some of the more common repairs.
- Tube/tire replacement $10 (additional charge for coaster brake or internally geared wheel)
- Add tube sealant $5
- Tubeless tire setup (includes rim tape & sealant) $20 per tire
- Brake adjustment $10 -15
- Hydraulic brake bleed $30 per lever
- Derailleur adjustment $10
- Chain replacement $15
- Brake cable or shift cable replacement (includes adjustment) $15
- Wrap bar tape $15
- Wheel true $15 – 25
- Wheel complete retension $35
- Wheel build $60-80 per wheel (please see our Custom Wheels page)
- Suspension fork lowers service $70+
- Suspension rear shock basic service $40
- Build bike frame up $250+
- ???MYSTERY UPGRADE??? $10/25/50 – pick a dollar amount and we will install an upgrade of our choice on your bike… it may be functional or it may be aesthetic, but it will always be useful.
*prices reflect labor only; cost of parts not included unless otherwise noted